Over 80 priests of the archdiocese of Cagayan de Oro attended the Seminar-Workshop on Basic Ecclesial Communities from June 18 to 20, 2012 at the Betania Retreat House in Cagayan de Oro. This was part of the annual study days for the clergy of the archdiocese.
The following topics were covered:
1. BECs in the Philippines: Historical Overview & Recent Trends (Fr. Amado Picardal, CSsR)
2. BECs: A New Way of Being Church- Vatican II & PCP II Framework (Fr. Amado Picardal, CSsR)
3. The Clergy vis-a-vis BECs: Vatican II & PCP II Theology of Ministry (Fr. Amado Picardal, CSsR)
4. KrisKa Model: Ipil Experience (Archbishop Antonio Ledesma)
5. Gasa Balik sa Dios: Modified Tithing (Ipil Clergy Team)
6. Forming & Revitalizing BECs: Basic Principles & Best Practices (Fr. Amado Picardal)
The morning of third day was spent in planning sessions by vicariate. The study days ended with the Eucharist presided by Archbishop Ledesma.
For the next three days after the clergy seminar-workshop, Fr. Picardal gave a series of talks on BECs to BEC lay formators and leaders of the archdioceses for various districts in Cagayan de Oro, Balingasag and Camiguin Island.